Before you purchase your next property, we recommend you consider viewing or commissioning specialist reports.

LIM Reports

When purchasing a property it is common practice to purchase a LIM Report (Land Information Memorandum) from the local council.
A LIM provides information on special land features or characteristics (e.g. erosion, hazardous substances), storm water and sewerage, rates owing on the land, title, future plans about the area (e.g. zoning, building heights), builders certificates issued, use to which the land may be put and any other information the local council considers to be important.
It can take up to 10 working days to obtain a LIM report when the council is busy, so you may need to factor this into your Sale and Purchase Agreement. You may be able to request an urgent LIM.
Your First National Real Estate salesperson will know the current costs and can help you order a LIM report.

Below are our relevant local authorities.
Tairua, Whangamata, Onemana – Thames Coromandel District Council
Whiritoa, Waihi, Paeroa – Hauraki District Council
Waihi Beach – Western BOP District Council
Te Aroha – Matamata-Piako District Council

Builders and Engineers Reports

Registered builders and engineers can give a report on a property which helps confirm the house is in sound condition and not likely to be subject to any structural problems.
We can give you a list of local building inspectors or you can contact your local master builders association
or the building research association
or your local institute of Professional engineers
to ask for a list of qualified builders and engineers.


A valuation report on a property is recommended as the GV (government valuation) or CV (current valuation) may not provide a true market price for the property.
An accurate valuation can be commissioned from independent registered valuers Townshend Cullen Associates or a more generalised valuation from Quotable Value New Zealand